Sunday, November 18, 2007

Into the World of Peace

“Our religion not only teaches tolerance, it practices it. It does not claim that other religions are false; it encourages you to make your own judgments. There is no hard sell, and no requirement for us to ‘save’ a quota of souls.”

When I heard these words from a little monk at the monastery (Maharajik Buddhabihara), a curiosity stirred in me to discover and rediscover the purity that these monks bring in them. I wanted to know more about how the clarity of peace related to them. Monks dedicate their lives to become like the pure water. According to Buddhasasthra – ‘Man should wash away selfish and unkind thoughts and be clean and pure like water’.

The little monks seemed to induce and spread peace among their surrounding elements. I have seen the colors, light and shadows seemed to pray with them. I have seen the trees and the water seemed to indulge themselves into peace in rhythm with the monks. At some instants I suddenly felt that the little monks have transformed into the Buddha himself.







No comments: